"Pro-abortion" is a bullshit term. I would never get an abortion and I think it's wrong, but I will defend a woman's right to choose what is right for her. I am pro-fucking-choice. Not pro-abortion.
Defend a women’s right to choose ABORTION. Hence being for abortion.
By that logic, you’re right, we are for abortion. AND pregnancy. AND adoption. AND contraception. AND surrogacy. AND IVF. AND abstinence.
let’s get something straight
no one wants an abortion. here is the typical procedure for an Aspiration Abortion, which can be performed up to 16 weeks into the pregnancy.
ASPIRATION ABORTION — THE MOST COMMON KIND OF IN-CLINIC ABORTION
- Your health care provider will examine your uterus.
- You will get medicine for pain. You may be offered sedation — a medicine that allows you to be awake but deeply relaxed.
- A speculum will be inserted into your vagina.
- Your health care provider may inject a numbing medication into or near your cervix.
- The opening of your cervix may be stretched with dilators — a series of increasingly thick rods.
- Or you may have absorbent dilators inserted a day or a few hours before the procedure. They will absorb fluid and get bigger. This slowly stretches open your cervix.
- Medication may also be used with or without the dilators to help open your cervix.
- You will be given antibiotics to prevent infection.
- A tube is inserted through the cervix into the uterus.
- Either a hand-held suction device or a suction machine gently empties your uterus.
- Sometimes, an instrument called a curette is used to remove any remaining tissue that lines the uterus. It may also be used to check that the uterus is empty.
as you can see, this process SUCKS. it’s probably horribly traumatizing, and many women experience pain and/or bleeding after the abortion is complete.
Pro-Choice means PRO-CHOICE. It means that women should have the ultimate say in what happens or doesn’t happen to their body. Pro-choicers aren’t an angry mob of baby-killing maniacs— we are literally just people who recognize that the rules of bodily autonomy should apply to women; pregnancy or no pregnancy.
if you don’t like abortion, don’t fucking have one.